The American society consumes nearly a ton of food per year. It is a daily consumption that keeps each American alive and energetic. But as Americans do we actually know what we consume in our foods? In 2011 Obama signed the Food Safety Modernization Act, allowing our foods to be more safe and healthy. Eating food that we do not know can make us sick causing us to produce different types of diseases. Nearly 3,000 people die in hospitals from food poisoning according to the FDA. Food should be safe to consume and we as American’s should be aware what the nutrition facts tell us in our foods. This act allows the FDA to secure the food that transports from other places in the world. It is important to keep in mind the things we consume on a daily basis and know the hazard that can affect the way our body functions. Investigating the things we eat can be an interesting topic because you identify the possible things you can and cannot eat. Obesity has become a big issue in America due to the fact of what our foods actually have. Fast food also leads to these categories that affect our health. Processes foods have nearly different types of chemicals that can later affect our lives. Food industries have created big money on their pockets. Nearly trillions of money goes to those corporations by selling snacks and beverages. These industries promote their products so that consumers can easily be caught in their trap. This affects our society, making us sick and unhealthy. Food industries are more advertised than those that are healthy. These industries do not take in consideration that the food they make are only harming us in way that society has become sicker that the 1900s. It only helps them to make more money and more money because that is the motto of those big industry companies. This message does not only affect one individual, but it affects our society in general. The Untied States have become the leading country with more health issues than others and causing nearly millions of death per year. As a society we should be aware of our food consumption and healthy life style so that we can live a longer, healthier life.
"word count:380"

Hi Astrid!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your topic. I remember that back then I wasn't really paying attention to what I eat. Just as long as they are good, I was fine with it. I just started to pay attention to what I eat when I got really sick one time because of something I ate. After that I became more conscious as to what I eat. I also work at a fast food restaurant and I can say that because of the documentaries I've seen about many fast food restaurants, I try to avoid eating there as much as possible. I think that this is one of the topic that people should be more aware because this is very important to know.
-Ara Mae Duenas