Dear classmates ,
I believe it has been a tough
journey for every single one of us that was capable of accomplishing all the
hard work that was put this past semester. Yeah we all know that college is not
easy and that many of the things we did back in high school have no significant
approach to our college academics. We are now starting our second semester of
college and learned new ideas, new perspective and learned a little bit of
ourselves.
I learned many new things this past
semester that I never really took in count of. Ah! those stressful nights of
studying, trying to cramp all the information that was going to be on the test
the next day and barely sleeping 3 hours. Waking up in the morning cramping
more information. When it came time to the test I felt like everything that I
studied had slipped past my head, as if I had not learned the topic. Why did I do
such a thing to myself? Procrastination is one thing everyone does. We as students
feel like putting aside important things and doing them last minute will make
us feel better. When in reality it makes us feel worst. I did this a couple of times, especially
those days where I would chose to hangout with friends instead of studying for
a big math exam. I learned that I was not doing any good to my self and that if
I kept doing things last minutes I was going to pay the consequences of my
grades. So I’m giving you this advise, DO
NOT PROCRATINATE! this semester and do everything on time because for one
thing it makes life a bit better. It will not hurt to put all the fun things
aside for a while and make school your number one priority. Plan ahead and do
everything on time.
Time management can be hard for
some people but I never thought it would be hard for me since I’m such an
organized person. Things started to build up and I couldn’t find a way to make
things work and have a schedule for the plans I had during the week. I felt like everything crashed once I got a
job because I felt like the free time I had before I started working became my
work schedule. Working every other day would be hard to plan how I would do
such things like homework, studying, and going to psychology researches in order to get credit for my class. This was not my greatest weakness
considering procrastination my first. But it did affect me in ways that I would
spend most of the days doing one thing instead of all the things I actually had
to do. I did manage to get it together once I settled in my job. I used an
agenda that by the end of the semester became my best friend. I kept everything
organized and seeing that I had to do lets say more than three things in a day,
it motivated me to actually do the things instead of just doing one thing and
stressing over the other. An agenda can be a great thing for everyone because
it helps you plan and organize your things so that way you have more time and
your able to manage it. My advice would be to stay organizes with work, homework,
and other things you have to do during the day. I think time management is one
of the important things that every college student should be aware and should
keep in count of for the rest of their career.
"word count: 736"

Hi Astrid! Thanks for these points -- it seems that you've learned quite a bit about how to succeed in college in just one semester. Looking back, what do you think you were like in terms of procrastination and time management when you were in high school? Do you think these issues were bad habits you developed in high school and learned to correct when you started college?
ReplyDeleteI like that you're beginning to take advantage of the font formatting, using underlines and bold, though I'm interested to know why you bold some statements and underline others. Do the bold and underlines function in different ways for you?
Please remember to post your word count from now on.
Hello professor Lim
DeleteDuring my senior year in high school I did get a bit lazy just because senior year felt like an easy year for me. I would rarely get any homework and when I did I would do it last minute and it wouldn’t affect me as much as it did in college. These habits I brought with me to college were from high school. I remember many of my friends that were already college students would tell me that you could not do things like the habits I had, but I never really took in count what they said because I felt it was exaggerated. I eventually corrected these errors as soon as I started to see the effect it was giving me.
The reason why I underlined and put it in bold was to catch the audience attention and make the post look more engaging so that the reader can actually take these points into consideration. They are important factors that should be known and help also keep track of the main point of the letter.
Hi Astrid!
ReplyDeleteI really liked your blog post! I understand exactly how you feel about procrastination because I do that a lot myself. I believe it was because high school came very easy for us that when college started all the habits that we had during high school also came with us. I had a difficult time adjusting during fall semester and I kept falling behind because I would always forget things easily. It is true that your agenda will definitely become your bestfriend! I wasn't really into writing down things in my agendas before but when college started, I felt the need to and it became very useful for me.
Also thank you for the tip about professor's office hours, I will definitely stop by at their office if I need any help. I've always been really shy asking for help but I think that it would benefit me if I ask for help when I need to.
Thank you!
-Ara Mae Duenas